EXPECTATIONS Today I want to talk about expectations. Im really starting to see…


EXPECTATIONS Today I want to talk about expectations. Im really starting to see how our expectations affect how we engage with the things that happen to us in our lives. If I expect my 7 month old to be sleeping through by now then I start to get agitated by the 3-6 times he wakes up during his night sleep. If I tell myself he shouldnt be night feeding anymore then I can feel that sense of panic and agitation rising. Neither of these things are true. Most children get nowhere near sleeping through before the age of 2 and WHO says its healthiest to breastfeed your child in some form until the age of 2. But when I expect it my entire perception shifts. . At this time of year we can also have unnecessarily high expectations of the festive season. Were going to have so much fun with family and friends no fights no regressing to old behaviour and everythings going to be delightful. That pressure is enormous. What if we just try to have the best festive season we can? Fights frustrations and non-Instagram worthy pictures and all. Whos in? PS any mamas in a similar boat to me needing some positive reinforcement check out @sarahockwellsmith for gentle parenting for me she makes so much sense and Ive no interested in sleep training at all. Hell get there when he gets there. . #expectations #expectationvsreality #festive #festiveseason #christmasstress #itsnotthemostwonderfultimeoftheyear #breastfeeding #breastfeedingmama #gentleparenting #christmas



Source by raeekalove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog